We are always recruiting new talents…
Because of the classified nature of our work at LY Detectives Agency, the application process is a lengthy one. Depending on your specific circumstances, the process may take as little as one month or more.
To start the application process you should visit the View All Career Opportunities page or explore each occupation under our career paths:
- Analytical Positions
- Business, IT and Security Positions
- Field Operative Service Positions
- Forensic Investigation Positions
- Science, Engineering and Technology Positions
- Student Opportunities
Each section tells you general information about the career path and features position openings. If you don’t see the right jobs for you now, check back again soon. Our needs change frequently.
Once you’ve determined the position(s) you’d like to apply for, visit the Application Instructions page for guidance about completing the online application form.
Here are a few things you’ll need to know before starting the application process.
We recommend submitting your resume online in response to specific positions. The Application Instructions link is found at the bottom of each position listed on the careers pages.
Be prepared to undergo a thorough background investigation examining your life’s history, your character, trustworthiness, reliability and soundness of judgment. We also examine your freedom from conflicting allegiances, potential to be coerced, and willingness and ability to abide by regulations governing the use, handling and the protection of sensitive information. LY Detectives Agency uses the polygraph to check the veracity of this information. The hiring process also includes a thorough mental and physical medical examination in relation to performing essential job functions.
Before You Apply
Please read the following sections carefully before you apply to LY Detectives Agency. The information is designed to help you determine your qualification for LY and to apply efficiently.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability during the application process, please mention in your complementary supplement.
- Contact – Calling the Agency or making any form of contact with the Agency prior to, or after your application will lead to automatic disqualification. Our systems are accurate to monitor this.
- Consent – By submitting an application to us, you are consenting to background investigation, and to the use of any information you provide by us for any of our authorized activities.
- Drug Use – To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last 12 months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
- Personal Integrity – A career in Private Investigation can be enormously rewarding. It also demands the very best of the men and women who comprise the Agency’s workforce. To meet the requirements of the work itself, our professionals must be highly competent in their fields. To safeguard some of our client’s most sensitive information, LY’s officers must be highly reliable and trustworthy. Woven through all aspects of their performance is the imperative to adhere to the highest standards of integrity. To be selected for a position of such trust and responsibility, one must be granted a security clearance.
- Also Note – Your responsibility to adhere to high standards of personal conduct does not end on the first day of employment. LY employees undergo regular re-investigations, including periodic polygraph examinations. LY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, county origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation in granting, denying, or revoking security clearances.